Wednesday 28 January 2015

I'm Queen Bee again!

Believe it or not, I am Queen Bee for both January (the Modern Bee Instabee) and for February as part of the Little Blogs Quilt Bee.

For February I have asked Jacquelynne Steves of The Art of Home if I can use her #SewSweetSimplicity blocks as the basis for my choice for the LBQB.

Jacquelynne has been running a Sew Sweet Simplicity block of the month sew-along. You might have seen her "Catch Up Sew-Along Day" on the 7th January 2015 ... it was fun to watch what was happening through the Instagram feeds. I didn't get a chance to join in with the sewing as we were hosting some friends from Poland but I did sneak a peek from time to time through the evening!

SewSweetSimplicityBlockOfTheMonthSqButton300pix

I think the blocks have a real country feel and I love the way she has provided embroidery designs for the centre of each of the blocks in her version of the quilt. You can get a better look at how these have been replicated if you search the #SewSweetSimplicity hashtag on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Flickr and Twitter.

So I would like me LBQB buddies to make me a block from this set of blocks, with white as a background fabric.

Each of the blocks requires 4 colours in various shapes configurations, I would like these to be a mixture of small print and plain fabrics in Navy (for the main contrast instead of the red) and 3 other softer focus fabrics (similar to the pink, green and lemon fabrics in Jacquelynne's blocks).

How the colours are configured I don't mind, the blocks are bound to look lovely however the colours are placed. I would love ginghams, spots, paisley and ditsy floral prints ... there are some amazing softer focus fabrics from Tilda ranges (just Google them) but there are lots of lovely choices out there!

I can supply you with some fabrics if you would like so there is no need to feel stuck. Just message me or comment below!

To download the Sew Sweet Simplicity block of the month patterns you will need to follow the link and sign up here.

Meanwhile Nick has a chest infection and my daughter Alex has tonsilitis again ... and the bathroom looks like this:

 Hopefully by the end of next week it will look radically different!

No comments:

Post a Comment